top of page


If you have a complaint against Jacobs and Reeves


This firm is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received, please contact Mark Kiteley, who is a Partner at this firm, on 01202 674425 or by email to or by post to our office at Beechurst, 153 High Street, Poole, BH15 1AU.


Our full complaints procedure is available here.


We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not addressed it within this time, you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.


If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within one year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within one year of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).


You should also be aware that, when your complaint relates to a bill, the Legal Ombudsman will not consider your complaint while your bill is being assessed by a court. A complainant to the Legal Ombudsman must be one of the following:


a) An individual;


b) A micro-enterprise as defined in European Recommendation 2003/361/EC of 6 May 2003


(broadly, an enterprise with fewer than 10 staff and a turnover or balance sheet value not exceeding €2 million);


c) A charity with an annual income less than £1 million;


d) A club, association or society with an annual income less than £1 million;


e) A trustee of a trust with a net asset value less than £1 million; or a personal representative or the residuary beneficiaries of an estate where a person with a complaint died before referring it to the Legal Ombudsman.


Legal Ombudsman Contact Details:


Address: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH


Telephone: 0300 555 0333



The firm is committed to ensuring that all Directors and Employees give their full co-operation to the Legal Ombudsman in the event of any dispute or complaint against the firm.


What to do if you are unhappy with our behavior?


The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behavior.  This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.


Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

To contact the SRA at Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN, Tel : 0370 606 2555

bottom of page