Working with us
Jacobs & Reeves are looking to recruit the following:-
An experienced Legal Secretary/PA to a Partner
We have a vacancy for an experienced Legal Secretary/PA to a Partner in the firm who deals mainly with commercial property, commercial and some residential conveyancing. The candidate will ideally have a background in commercial work, preferably with some residential experience, although we will consider an experienced residential conveyancing secretary.
You will need to be able to handle a large volume of work and have fast and accurate typing skills, be very organised, have the ability to use your own initiative and will need to be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Supporting the fee earner by ensuring all routine administrative processes are undertaken
- Administration duties including daily filing, opening and closing files.
- Liaising with clients, estate agents and mortgage lenders
- Audio typing of letters, legal documents and forms largely dictated via digital dictation
- Post Exchange, Completion and post-Completion formalities
This is a full-time role and a competitive salary is on offer.
Please email CV to email@example.com
An experienced full-time child care Solicitor
We are looking for a candidate to be able to manage the following:-
• Providing a service of legal advice and practice to either a public or private organisation, dependent on the job role. This could include child protection, social care, including special educational needs.
• Legal research and advice.
• Meeting deadlines
• Writing clear and concise reports
• Working as part of a team, as well as independently
• Handling a wide variety of cases spanning a number of challenging and sensitive areas, such as neglect, abuse or adoption
• Undertaking advocacy, and instructing counsel where necessary
• Attending public law and legal planning meetings
• Ability to make important decisions quickly.
• Communicating well, both orally and in writing
• Problem solving
• Analytical skills
• Proven experience as a childcare solicitor, or barrister
• Experience of managing a caseload of public cases under minimum supervision.
• Experience of conducting advocacy
• Any previous experience of attending public law outline of legal planning meetings would be highly beneficial.
- A good remuneration package
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Generous holiday allowance – including accrual of extra days for length of service.
- Attractive salary
- Ongoing monthly training
This is an outstanding opportunity to move to a prominent law firm.
Please forward your CV to Janice Singleton at Jacobs & Reeves, 153 High Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1AU, email;- firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a growing law firm and occasionally look for talented individuals from all backgrounds to work with us.
We are happy to receive CV's on a speculative basis. Please send to Janice Singleton at our Poole office (email to: email@example.com). Any CV's received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.